Thursday, August 25, 2011

A SPARK of Wisdom - PUBLIC SPEAKING

Here is the 'bones" from our August meeting

I have observed a LEADERSHIP call in each one of you. As a leader you will be required to speak to a group of people. Whether informal or formal, large or small audience, you will have an audience. Why? God has called you to LEAD, therefore, he has an AUDIENCE for you.

FIVE FLAME TIPS
1)      Avoid apologies….be confident. Things to avoid 1) saying I’m nervous 2) Avoid giving the “in case I mess up excuse”, i.e., Pray for me I haven’t been feeling well, my throat is hurting, I wasn’t scheduled to be up here today,
2)      Be yourself – Have personality
3)      Use testimonies when appropriate to enhance lessons, sermon points, and singing. – Make sure your testimony fits the theme of the occasion and message.
4)      Be open to learn from others what works and what does not.
5)      Speak directly into the microphone to be heard. Even if you have a loud voice, don’t assume everyone in the room can hear you without the use of a mic. The people in the back are usually straining to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment